Cleaning the lower door frame hinge, continued.
This picture is the same as the last picture on the previous page . . . oops! Ah well, it does show a good before image leading up to the next picture.

Here the chemical remover and paint has been brushed off the hinge. Not all of the old paint was removed, so more chemical remover was applied to get the stubborn stuff off.

Polishing up.
Here is the upper door frame hinge after polishing up. The lower ball tim came out nicely on this one. Time to reinstall.

Before and after, the inside of the front door.
The inside of the front door before restoratioon started. Note the dark color of the door knob area and the white hinges that blend in to the surroundings.

The inside of the front door after restoratioon. The brass of the door knob area really stands out, the gloss white looks really good and the hinges pop with that old time metal look. The window was filled temporarily with a 24 inch by 32 inch sheet of 3/32 inch thick plastic.

Before and after, the inside of the front door closer up.

Before . . .

. . . and after!

It was only after I got the door up that I noticed the scratched area above this recess. The lighting here at the front door area is bright and that points out a crucial element to restoration work. Lighting must be excellent! The light in the garage is too dim even at mid day, so future work like this will be carried out in the sun room where the natural daylight light is excellent. I will attend to this scratch at some point in the future.

Before and after, the outside of the front door.

Before . . .

. . . and - AWESOME!

Before and after, the outside of the front door closer up.

Not so awesome.

Really - Really - Awesome!! Yay!!

 

Return Home